Last Revised: June 1, 2016
The Site is not directed toward persons under 18 years of age nor does VProud knowingly collect information from persons under 18 on the Site. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to submit any personally identifiable information to VProud. If you provide information to VProud through the Site, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps VProud identify you, such as first and last name, birth date, email address, home address, telephone number, password, preferences and interests, income, education level, marital status, shopping habits, Site usage, age, gender, location information provided either by a mobile device interacting with our App or associated with your IP address or WiFi network, and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. We also may collect non-personal information about your use of the Site such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing history, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), and the domain name of your internet service provider.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Use the Site;
- Submit a comment or User Content;
- Register with the Site
- Register to receive emails or newsletters;
- Communicate with us via the Site or Off-Line; or
- Participate in any community recreational, educational or entertainment activities; surveys or questionnaires; promotions or sweepstakes; or any other services, events or activities.
- Authorize a third party to act on your behalf with VProud;
By using the Site, or by submitting your personal information to VProud online or Off-Line, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States, or in other jurisdictions.
We may combine personal information we collect through the Site or Off-Line with information that we obtain from our service providers, affiliates, suppliers, vendors, merchants, sponsors, advertisers, licensors, and other sources (e.g., publicly available information). We will treat the combined information as personal information.
VProud automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Site upon return. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site. We may combine this non-personal information with personal information, and will treat the combined information as personal information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide and improve the Site either by VProud or via third party service providers to VProud;
- To send emails or newsletters, provided you opt in and give us permission to contact you;
- To provide you with general or personalized content about new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, merchants, restaurants, promotions and sweepstakes, and other important information; provided you opt in and give us permission to contact you;
- To provide information to third parties that may provide you with general or personalized content and advertising about their new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, merchants, restaurants, promotions and sweepstakes, and other important information;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences;
- To analyze our users’ demographics and interests;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To support or operate the Site, which may require us to share the information we collect with third-party service providers, contractors, or vendors to VProud;
- For fraud prevention, security, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public purposes.
Communications With You
You authorize VProud to transmit email or postal mail to you, or telephone you to respond to your communications, and administer and provide information to you about new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, merchants, restaurants, promotions and sweepstakes.
Email subscription and Opt-out
Members are offered a chance to opt-in to "The Daily V" and other occasional email updates from VProud.tv upon subscription. This option is also available on the user profile page. Members can opt-out from any newsletter and marketing email sent from VProud.tv by either:
- Unchecking the option to receive "The Daily V" and other occasional updates from VProud.tv from the user profile page
- By clicking on the unsubscribe Link at the bottom of every "The Daily V" and other occasional update emails from VProud.tv
Information Sharing With Third Parties
We also may use, share or sell non-personally identifiable information with third parties. Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it or sell it in a de-identified or aggregated form with advertisers, business partners, and/or third parties in order to analyze usage of the Site Services; perform services on or related to the Site or others’ sites; improve our services; improve our user experience; or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
Protection of Personal Information
VProud uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of VProud to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither VProud nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Updating Your Information
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to VProud’s internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to VProud, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by VProud to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us at: VProud.tv, 40 Worth Street Suite 1047 New York, NY 10013. The request may be sent to the above address or to email@example.com, and should specify that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. VProud is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
Links and Other Third Parties