Last Revised: March 1, 2015
Don't be judgmental. Be polite to other users, your interactions and any content you upload, publish or display on or through the Site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content") should not:
- Include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference or physical handicap.
- Include non-consensual or illegal sexual content, profanity or any obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable content or language.
- Defame, libel, ridicule, mock, disparage, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone.
- Promote violence or describe how to perform a violent act.
Be Honest. Voice your thoughts and tell the truth. Your communications, interactions, and User Content should not:
- Trick, defraud or mislead the VProud community or other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords.
- Make improper use of VProud's support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in promoting any schemes or engage in promoting any websites or services that are deemed spam, malware, or contain objectionable material in the VProud's sole discretion.
- Create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” to other users of the Site or otherwise interfere with other users' or members' enjoyment of the Site.
- Disseminate or transmit viruses, worms, Trojan horses, RATs, keyboard loggers, time bombs, spyware, adware, cancelbots, passive collection mechanisms (“PCMs”), or any other malicious or invasive code or program or upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats ("gifs"), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices.
- Disguise the source of your User Content or other information you submit to the Site.
Keep it legal. The Site is intended to promote conversation and interaction, however your use of, conduct, and your User Content will be lawful and will not:
- Violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party, or promote or constitute illegal activity.
- Be in violation of these Terms, any local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation or the rules of conduct posted with respect to any individual feature of the Site.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, modify or attempt to discover any software (source code or object code) that the Site creates to generate web pages or any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site.
- Use or launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or "bot"), cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the Site, or use or launch any unauthorized script or other software, except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage.
- Cover or obscure any notice, banner, advertisement or other branding on the Site.
- Interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Site or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Site, Content or the User Content.
Be responsible. In order to keep the Site an inclusive, real, and welcoming space, you agree that you shall:
- Be responsible for any consequences for your use of and conduct on the Site.
- Help flag harmful comments or report users who are not abiding by the Code of Conduct by contacting us at: email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive, and VProud reserves the right to determine what types of conduct and User Content it considers to be inappropriate use of the Site. In the case of inappropriate use, VProud may take such measures as it determines in its sole discretion.
Questions? If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Code Of Conduct, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.